Score: Hillsdale 3, Saginaw Valley 0 - GLIAC Tournament Quarterfinals
Records: #3 HC (23-6) | #6 SVSU (22-8)
Location: Potter Arena – Hillsdale, Mich.
HILLSDALE, Mich. – Qualifying for the 2015 GLIAC Tournament as the No. 6 seed, the Saginaw Valley State University volleyball team traveled to face No. 3 seeded Hillsdale College in the annual postseason tournament's quarterfinal round. The Cardinals couldn't duplicate their 3-1 victory over Hillsdale earlier this season and the Chargers came to play Wednesday night and posted a 3-0 sweep over Saginaw Valley.
Hillsdale got out to a quick 1-0 advantage after claiming a 25-20 win in the opening set. The Chargers would then take the second frame 25-16 before closing out for the 3-0 victory after a narrow 25-22 edge in the third and final set.
Inside the Boxscore
- Hillsdale hit .233 in the match compared to just a .155 tally for SVSU.
- The Chargers had 22 blocks in the match and the Cardinals posted eight.
- Kaylee Schmitt posted a team-high nine kills in the match while hitting for a .400 percentage.
- Andrea Brigham added eight kills and six digs for the Cards while Morgan Eddy chipped-in with six kills and a team-high three blocks.
- Brooke Tiller anchored the defense with a team-best 21 digs.
- Tamara Heller (15) and Emily Neiman (10) each reached double-figures in digs as well, with Heller adding a pair of blocks.
- Kelly Vellucci had 35 assists and nine digs in the match for Saginaw Valley.
- Hillsdale was led by Hayley Booms in kills (12) and blocks (5), Brittany Jandasek in digs (26) and Taylor Bennett with 18 helpers.
Chili's "Player of the Match"
From Head Coach Will Stanton
Up Next for the SVSU...