MIDLAND, Mich. – The Saginaw Valley State University women's tennis team hosted Davenport University for a Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference match Friday at the Greater Midland Tennis Center.
The Cardinals fell to the Panthers 5-2 to drop to 6-10 overall and 0-5 in the GLIAC.
- Willemien Coetzee / Vladislava Shumilova (DU) def. Nicole Johnson / Sara Neves (SVSU) 6-0
- Charlotte Zhuwakini / Louise Hosking (DU) def. Chelsea Dzenga / Joanne Gao (SVSU) 6-2
- Isabella Carofano / Kumiko Yamaguchi (DU) def. Elizabeth Stuart / Adiya Young (SVSU) 7-5
- Willemien Coetzee (DU) def. Sara Neves (SVSU) 6-1, 6-1
- Isabella Carofano (DU) def. Emma Charlton (SVSU) 6-3, 6-0
- Vladislava Shumilova (DU) def. Joanne Gao (SVSU) 6-0, 6-0
- Chelsea Dzenga (SVSU) def. Louise Hosking (DU) 6-2, 6-1
- Kumiko Yamaguchi (DU) def. Nicole Johnson (SVSU) 6-4, 7-5
- Elizabeth Stuart (SVSU) def. Sophie Jackson (DU) 6-1, 6-1
The Cardinals remain home to host Purdue Northwest at 11 am at the Greater Midland Tennis Center.