HOUGHTON, Mich. -- The Saginaw Valley State University women's tennis team dropped a 6-1 decision to the Michigan Tech Huskies on Sunday in Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference action. The loss drops the Cardinals to 5-8 overall and 0-4 in the GLIAC.
SVSU's lone victory came at No. 4 singles when Chelsea Dzenga won her match in straight sets 6-4, 7-6.
- (1) Dominika Bobik / Lauren Opalewski (MTU) def. Nicole Johnson / Sara Neves (SVSU) 6-0
- (2) Chiara Heinz / Neva Manas (MTU) def. Chelsea Dzenga / Joanne Gao (SVSU) 6-4
- (3) Marina Fernandez / Ivona Gorgioski (MTU) def. Adiya Young / Elizabeth Stuart (SVSU) 6-4
- (1) Dominika Bobik (MTU) def. Sara Neves (SVSU) 6-0, 6-0
- (2) Ivona Gorgioski (MTU) def. Emma Charlton (SVSU) 6-2, 6-3
- (3) Neva Manas (MTU) def. Joanne Gao (SVSU) 6-2, 6-0
- (4) Chelsea Dzenga (SVSU) def. Lauren Opalewski (MTU) 6-4, 7-6
- (5) Marina Fernandez (MTU) def. Nicole Johnson (SVSU) 6-4, 6-4
- (6) Chiara Heinz (MTU) def. Elizabeth Stuart (SVSU) 6-3, 6-4
The Cardinals host Davenport University at 1 pm Friday from the Greater Midland Tennis Center in Midland, Mich.