MIDLAND, Mich. – The Saginaw Valley State University women's tennis team opened the spring portion of the 2021-22 schedule with a nonconference matchup against Concordia University-Ann Arbor on Friday at the Greater Midland Tennis Center.
SVSU swept the battle of the Cardinals 7-0, moving to a record of 3-5 on the season.
Match Results Doubles:
- (1) Sara Neves / Chelsea Dzenga (SVSU) defeated Hollie Johnson / Ellie Fritcha (CUAA) 6-2
- (2) Andrea Teofilovic / Nicole Johnson (SVSU) defeated Jadyn Hackmann / Natalie Waske (CUAA) 6-0
- Elizabeth Stuart / Adiya Young (SVSU) defeated Payton Woodruff / Jada Guinn (CUAA) 6-0
Match Results Singles:
- (1) Sara Neves (SVSU) defeated Ellie Fritcha (CUAA) 6-1, 6-2
- (2) Emma Charlton (SVSU) defeated Hollie Johnson (CUAA) 6-0, 6-0
- (3) Chelsea Dzenga (SVSU) defeated Natalie Waske (CUAA) 6-0, 6-0
- (4) Nicole Johnson (SVSU) defeated Payton Woodruff (CUAA) 6-0, 6-0
- (5) Elizabeth Stuart (SVSU) defeated Jadyn Hackmann (CUAA) 6-0, 6-0
- (6) Alexis Anthes (SVSU) defeated Jada Guinn (CUAA) 6-0. 6-0
From Head Coach Ryan Ruzziconi:
"It felt good to get back on the court in a match setting. After practicing for a month, the team was excited to get back to match play and focused in their effort. Next stop Orlando!"
SVSU travels to Orlando, Fla., for three matches starting against the University of the Sciences-PA on Monday, March 7.