PATASKALA, Ohio -- The Cardinal Women's Golf team rounded-out play for the weekend at the 2019 Cumberland Trail Classic on Sunday, finishing in seventh place overall in the event.
Saginaw Valley followed-up a first round 315 on Saturday with a score of 317 on Sunday. The Cards were four strokes behind Walsh University, which finished in sixth. Tiffin University won the tournament with a final score of 602, claiming the title by two strokes over Ferris State University.
- Emily Barker had the low round on Sunday for SVSU, carding a four-over 76. Barker had three birdies in holes 4-7, helping propel her to the score. | 83-76 (159, T-33)
- Sabrina Coffman had a second round 77, which followed up her Saturday 76 to finish top-10 for the second straight tourney. She had three birdies in a four hole stretch on the back nine. | 76-77 (153, T-10)
- Keegan Miller had a score of 81 on Sunday, pairing that with her first round 78 to finish tied for 33rd. | 78-81 (159, T-33)
- Alexa Marston tied for 46th place overall after her second round 83 followed her opening score of 81. | 81-83 (164, T-46)
- Olivia Pumford shot rounds of 80-88 in her first action in the Cardinal starting lineup. She tied for 59th overall. | 80-88 (168, T-59)
SVSU returns to action on Saturday, where it begins the Bulldog Invitational. That will take place at the Katke Golf Course in Big Rapids, Michigan.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---