ALLENDALE, Mich. - The Saginaw Valley State University track and field teams continued competition at the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Championships on Thursday from Grand Valley State University. The men's team is currently second in the team standings with 60 points, while the women are fourth with 22 points.
- Arianna Wegienka won the GLIAC title in the 10,000-meter run with a time of 35:25.75 (NCAA P).
- In the long jump, Taylor Lucas finished in third with a mark of 5.38 meters.
- Mackenzie Ramey earned points in the hammer throw by placing seventh with a toss of 44.50 meters.
- Kelsey Landra concluded the heptathlon on Thursday and ended in fifth place with 4098 points.
- Dan Westarb earned runner-up honors in the decathlon with 6248 points.
- In the 10,000-meter race, CarLee Stimpfel took first with a time of 29:09.19 (NCAA P), while Dayton Brown was second in 29:47.80 (NCAA P). Stimpfel's time was a new GLIAC Championships record.
- Nick Bozarth took fifth in the 3000-meter steeplechase with a time of 9:24.82.
- Trevin Phillips was third in the javelin with a throw of 51.82 meters.
- Cavan Wilcox was runner-up in the pole vault at 4.61 meters, while Deven Varela took fifth with a vault of 4.31 meters.
The final day of the GLIAC Championships begins at 11 am Friday at Grand Valley State University.