LOS ANGELES - The Saginaw Valley State University track and field teams sent student-athletes to multiple invitationals this weekend. SVSU competed in the Cal State-Los Angeles Twilight, the Azusa Pacific Bryan Clay Invite, and Bucknell Bison Outdoor Classic.
- Alona Olshevska won the 100-meter dash at the Cal State LA Twilight open with a time of 11.89 seconds, while Angelina Delbosque was third in 12.17. Olshevska also took first in the 200-meter dash with a time of 23.73.
- In the shot put event, Mackenzie Ramey took first with a toss of 13.73 meters.
- Emily Droski was second in the discus throw with a mark of 41.96 meters. She was also third in the hammer throw with a distance of 41.16 meters.
- The 4x100-meter relay team of Olshevska, Delbosque, Sophia Thelen, and Cheyenne Williamson took eighth at Azusa Pacific with a time of 46.89 seconds, while Olshevska was sixth in the 400-meter dash with a time of 54.46 (NCAA P).
- Williamson was eighth in the 100-meter hurdles at Azusa Pacific in 13.88 seconds (NCAA P), while taking sixth in the long jump with a mark of 6.07 meters (NCAA P).
- Lauren Buckner ran a time of 4:40.23 in the 1500-meter race at Bucknell.
- The 5000-meter run at Bucknell saw Alexa Keiser run 17:18.38.
- Clarence Corbett won the shot put event at Cal State-LA with a toss of 15.57 meters. He was also third in the hammer throw with a toss of 46.96 meters.
- Cavan Wilcox was second in the pole vault with a mark of 4.49 meters.
- In the 110-meter hurdles, Nathan Furst finished fourth in 15.13 seconds. He also competed at Azusa Pacific and ran 15.23 seconds in the event, while running 57.48 in the 400-meter hurdles.
- Ryan Talbott ran a time of 14:24.14 in the 5000-meter run at Bucknell.
- The 3000-meter steeplechase saw Nick Bozarth run 9:31.29 at Bucknell.
- Trevin Phillips competed in the javelin throw at Azusa Pacific and recorded a mark of 51.07 meters.
SVSU will compete at the Oakland University Invite beginning next Friday in Rochester, Mich.