ROCHESTER, Mich. -- The Saginaw Valley State University track and field teams competed at the Oakland Golden Grizzlies Invitational on Friday and Saturday. SVSU also sent athletes to Tennessee to compete in the Lee University Flames Invitational this weekend.
- Arianna Wegienka won the 5000-meter race on Friday evening with a time of 17:30.88.
- The 4x100-meter relay team of Angelina Delbosque, Alona Olshevska, Sophia Thelen, and Olivia Carpenter took the victory with a time of 48.02 seconds.
- Carpenter added a third-place finish in the 400-meter dash with a time of 1:01.19.
- Hanna Schroeder took fourth in the 100-meter hurdles final in 15.28 seconds.
- Cheyenne Williamson was fifth in the javelin throw with a toss of 34.03 meters.
- Mackenzie Ramey took home fourth-place in the shot put with a throw of 12.79 meters.
- CarLee Stimpfel and Dayton Brown traveled to Tennessee to compete in the 5000-meter run at the Lee University Flames Invitational. Brown finished with a time of 14:14.44, while Stimpfel posted a time of 14:22.31.
- In the shot put, Clarence Corbett took the victory at Oakland with a toss of 15.24 meters.
- Trevin Phillips won the javelin throw with a mark of 55.82 meters.
- Tyler Burrell took fourth-place in the 400-meter dash with a time of 51.83 seconds.
- Seth Oxer was second in the 400-meter hurdles in 56.09 seconds, while Nathan Furst was third in 58.21.
SVSU will send athletes to the Bryan Clay Invitational hosted by Azusa Pacific University, and Bison Outdoor Classic hosted by Bucknell University.