CALEDONIA, Mich. – The Cardinals concluded competition at the 2021 Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Track & Field Outdoor Championships hosted by Davenport University Friday in Caledonia, Mich.
The Cardinal women put together an outstanding day with six titles, four individual and two relays, while Cheyenne Williamson continued her dominant season, claiming five titles, including as a member of two relay teams.
The SVSU women finished in second place in the team standings with 183 points, while the men closed the event in a tie for fourth place with Northwood University, recording 57 points. Grand Valley State University claimed both GLIAC team championships.
Women's Highlights (in order of completion, track/field):
- The team of Angelina Delbosque, Lauren Huebner, Alona Olshevska, and Cheyenne Williamson got Friday going strong for SVSU with a win in the 4X100 relay, taking first in 46.03 seconds (NCAA DII Provisional).
- Williamson was back at the top of the podium with a win in the 100-meter hurdles in a time of 13.94 seconds (D2P), narrowly besting Huebner, who finished the race in 13.99 seconds (D2P).
- Lauren Buckner finished the 1,500-meter run in third with a time of 4:40.29.
- Olshevska was second in the 400-meter dash, crossing the line in 54.91 seconds (D2P).
- Morgan Fuerst was second in the 800-meter run in a time of 2:11.66 (D2P).
- Huebner won the GLIAC title for the Cardinals in the 400-meter hurdles in 59.00 seconds (D2P).
- Williamson continued to rack up the titles with a win in the 200-meter dash, taking first in 24.15 seconds (D2P), while Olshevska was third in 24.52 seconds.
- Arianna Wegienka was third for the Cardinals in the 5,000-meter run, finishing in 17:31.28.
- The track events closed for the championships with another SVSU relay win. The team of Williamson, Olshevska, Fuerst, and Huebner ran away with the win in the 4x400 relay with a time of 3:45.18 (D2P).
- In the field events, Williamson took home another championship, winning the high jump with a best height of 1.73 meters (D2P).
- Taylor Lucas returned to the podium for a second straight day, placing third in the triple jump for SVSU with a leap of 11.13 meters.
- CarLee Stimpfel continued his outstanding season for the Cardinals with a third-place finish in the 1,500-meter run, crossing the line in 3:50.39 (D2P).
The Cardinals continue to prepare for the NCAA DII Outdoor National Championships with the Hillsdale Last Chance meet Thursday in Hillsdale, Mich.