ALLENDALE, Mich. – The Saginaw Valley State University track & field team continued its preparation for the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and NCAA Championships with the Grand Valley State University Extra Weekend Meet Friday and Saturday in Allendale, Mich.
CarLee Stimpfel had an outstanding performance for the Cardinal men in the 5,000-meter finals, hitting the NCAA DII Automatic Qualifying standard.
- Cheyenne Williamson hit another NCAA DII Provisional mark with a first-place finish in the 100-meter dash. She crossed the line in 11.53 seconds.
- Morgan Fuerst and Lauren Buckner both reached the NCAA DII Provisional mark in the 1,500-meter run. Fuerst was fifth with a time of 4:27.26, while Buckner was seventh in 4:32.26.
- Jenna Keiser was second in the 3,000-meter steeplechase, reaching the NCAA DII provisional standard with a time of 10:58.05.
- MacKenzie Ramey took third in the shot put with a best throw of 14.13 meters, hitting the NCAA DII Provisional mark.
- Sydney Koppinger placed second in the javelin with a best throw of 32.80 meters.
- The team of Angelina Delbosque, Lauren Huebner, Alona Olshevska and Williamson took the 4X100 relay an NCAA Provisional time of 46.26 seconds.
- Stimpfel finished the 5,000-meter run in a time of 13:45.55, finishing fifth and automatically qualifying for the NCAA DII Championships.
- Dayton Brown was 15th in the 5,000-meter run in a time of 14:07.48, reaching the NCAA DII Provisional mark.
The Cardinals open competition at the GLIAC Outdoor Championships hosted by Davenport University on Wednesday in Grand Rapids, Mich.