ROCHESTER, Mich. – The Saginaw Valley State University track & Field teams returned to Oakland University for a third time this outdoor season for the Elaine Leigh Invite Saturday in Rochester, Mich.
The Cardinals hit several NCAA Provisional qualifying marks as the women finished second and the men fourth out of five teams at the event.
- Alona Olshevska won the 400-meter dash finals with an NCAA DII Provisional time of 55.40 seconds.
- Cheyenne Williamson took first in the 100-meter hurdle finals, hitting the Provisional time of 14.14 seconds.
- Lauren Huebner hit an NCAA DII Provisional time with a first-place finish in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 58.96 seconds.
- The team of Maegan Noble, Huebner, Olshevska, and Williamson combined for an NCAA Provisional time of 46.31 seconds in the 4X100 relay, taking first place.
- Williamson, Olshevska, Alexa Cross, and Huebner crossed the line first in an NCAA Provisional time of 3:45.31 seconds in the 4X400 relay.
- Williamson added a best of 1.70m in the high jump to take first and reach the NCAA Provisional qualifying mark.
- Taylor Lucas was first in the long jump with a best of 5.68m for the Cardinals.
- Ali Aldrich won the shot put for SVSU, finishing with a best throw of 12.83m.
- Eric Niestroy placed first in the 5000-meter finals with a time of 15:16.95.
- Nathan Furst crossed the line first in the 110-meter hurdles in a time of 15.06 seconds.
- Casey Williams reached the NCAA DII Provisional qualifying mark in the long jump with a best of 7.26m, placing first for the Cardinals.
SVSU continues the outdoor season with the team split between the Grand Valley State Meet in Allendale, Mich., and the Grizzly Mini Meet in Rochester, Mich., both starting Friday.