UNIVERSITY CENTER, Mich. – The final warm-up for the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Indoor Track and Field Championships took place as Saginaw Valley State University hosted the SVSU Tune-Up meet Friday at the SVSU Fieldhouse.
The Cardinals welcomed several teams from across the state to campus for the event. SVSU had several outstanding performances, highlighted by a new school record for Ali Aldrich in the women's weight throw.
- Ali Aldrich set a new SVSU record in the weight throw with a best throw of 19.14m, once again reaching the NCAA Provisional Qualifying standard.
- MacKenzie Ramey also reached the NCAA Provisional Mark in the weight throw, placing second with a throw of 17.72m. She was second in the shot put as well with a distance of 13.30m.
- Brooke Coulter placed third for the Cardinals in the weight throw with a best of 16.35m.
- Cassie Campbell finished third in the women's 60-meter hurdles in 9.02 seconds, followed by teammate Hanna Schroeder in 9.38 seconds in fourth.
- The women's 4X400-meter relay team of Alexa Cross, Jala Smith, Maegan Noble, and Jordan Abston took first place with a time of 4:07.58.
- Cheyenne Williamson bested the field in the high jump with a height of 1.64m.
- Brooke Sutyak took first place in the pole vault for the Cardinals, clearing a height of 3.42m.
- Taylor Lucas was third for the women in the long jump with a distance of 5.09m.
- Kelsey Landra (42.89 seconds), Alexa Cross (43.27), Taylor Lucas (43.30), and Ciera Weber (43.85) finished the 400-meter dash in second through fifth place, respectively.
- Nathan Furst won the 60-meter hurdle finals, crossing the line in a time of 8.42 seconds.
- Trevor Culpepper continued the strong showing for Cardinal sprinters with a win in the 60-meter dash. He finished in a time of 6.96 seconds.
- The 200-meter dash went to SVSU's Jared McLean in a time of 23.06 seconds.
- Riley Feeney bested the field in the 800-meter run with a time of 155.77.
- Sam Deardorff took the 3,000-meter run with a time of 8:43.00, closely followed by teammate Nick Bozarth in second in 8:46.51.
- Ethan Engelhardt had a best height of 1.93m to win the men's high jump for the Cardinals.
- Casey Williams posted the best distance of the meet in the long jump, clearing 6.95m.
- Wesley Beck placed third in the 1-mile run in a time of 4:23.87 for the Cardinals.
- In the 400-meter dash, the SVSU men were led by Seth Oxer, who finished second in a time of 50.96 seconds.
- Clarence Corbett led the SVSU throwers, finishing third in both the shot put (16.57m) and weight throw (16.14m).
The season continues next weekend with the GLIAC Championships hosted by SVSU Saturday and Sunday at the SVSU Fieldhouse.