NEW ORLEANS, La. -- All-Region honorees for the 2020 NCAA Division II Indoor Track & Field season were announced on Monday by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA).
The Saginaw Valley State University Track & Field programs had 16 different all-region honors that were achieved by nine different student-athletes.
To earn All-Region honors, an athlete must be one of the top-5 individuals in their events in their respective region. In addition, each member of a region's top-3 relay team was selected for the distinction.
Below are the Cardinals who achieved all-region honors for the 2020 indoor season...
- Morgan Fuerst - 4 x 400 Meter Relay | 800 Meters
- Lauren Huebner - Pentathlon | 4 x 400 Meter Relay | 400 Meters
- Timyah Meeks - Weight Throw
- Alona Olshevska - 4 x 400 Meter Relay
- Cheyenne Williamson - 60 Meter Hurdles | Long Jump | High Jump | 4 x 400 Meter Relay
- Sam Black - High Jump | Heptathlon
- Ryan Talbott - 5,000 Meters
- Noah VanderVeen - High Jump
- Jordan Walters - 800 Meters
The Saginaw Valley Women finished second this past weekend at the 2020 GLIAC Indoor Championships while the Men were fourth. The second place finish for the women was the best finish for the program since the 1998 season.
Williamson was named the Field Athlete of the Meet, Freshman Field Athlete of the Meet, Freshman Track Athlete of the Meet and High Point Athlete of the Meet. Black was named the Field Athlete of the Meet and Field Athlete of the Year as well. The SVSU coaching staff was named the Coaching Staff of the Year on the women's side as well.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---