UNIVERSITY CENTER, Mich. -- The Saginaw Valley State University men's and women's track teams hosted the Doug Hansen Open and added four more NCAA DII National Provisional Qualifying marks to the growing list of success in 2019-20 season. Noah VanderVeen made the list in the high jump with a leap of 2.13-meters and the women's 4x400-meter relay team of Alona Olshevska, Morgan Fuerst, Cheyenne Williamson, and Lauren Huebner also made the list with a final time of 3:50.90.
- Morgan Fuerst was a member of the 4x400-meter relay team that placed first with a NCAA DII Provo time of 3:50.90 and also placed first in the mile run timing in at 5:04.63.
- Teammates Jenna Keiser and Katelyn Spooner completed the sweep in the women's mile coming in second and third with times of 5:06.57 and 5:10.51, respectively.
- Olshevska was part of the NCAA DII Provo 4x400-meter relay team that crossed the line at 3:50.90 good for first place and was third in the 400-meter with a final time of 57.16.
- Sarah Rezler placed second in the high jump competition with a jump of 1.54-meters.
- Brooke Sutyak and Kelsey Landra placed second and third in the pole vault clearing a height of 3.12-meters and 2.97-meters.
- Ali Aldrich and Timyah Meeks also placed second and third in the shot put and weight throw competitions with tosses of 13.14-meters and 12.34-meters in the shot put and NCAA DII Provo marks in the weight throw of 17.40 and 17.25-meters, respectively.
- The men's 4x400-meter relay team consisting of Sam Black, Noah VanderVeen, Juan Bowers, and Jared McLean placed first with a final time of 3:21.39.
- VanderVeen also placed first in the high jump with a leap of 2.13-meters, a NCAA DII Provo mark.
- Brandon Keys placed first in the triple jump with a final mark of 12.02-meters.
- Freshman pole vaulter Cavan Wilcox placed second with a bar of 4.15-meters.
- Ryan Talbott placed second in the mile with a final time of 4:12.60.
The Cardinals will host day one of the Jet's Pizza Invitational Friday (Jan. 24) as the women's pentathlon starts at 12:00 p.m. with the 60-meter hurdles and the men's heptathlon to follow at 12:15 p.m. with the 60-meter dash. The rest of the meet will begin at 4:00 p.m. with field events and running events to follow at 5:00 p.m. To follow live and find results visit svsucardinals.com