The Saginaw Valley State University Track & Field teams were on the road at a pair of meets on Friday, competing on day two of the Gina Relays at Hillsdale College and the first of two days at the Davenport University Tune-up Meet. Saginaw Valley turned in some solid performance in the two meets in the final weekend of action before the 2019 GLIAC Outdoor Championships.
- Jenna Keiser took 1st place in the 3,000 meter steeplechase with a provisional qualifying time of 10:54.95. That time beat her personal best of 10:55.42 that was set at the Bison Outdoor Classic.
- In the 5,000 meter run, Allison Dorr finished with a provisional time of 16:57.15 and finished in 4th place.
- Dominique Adams ran in the event as well, finishing with a mark of 18:18.32.
- In the 1,500 meter run championship pool, Sydney Kreger finished with a time of 4:49.15 for SVSU.
- In the 1,500 meter open, Maggie Pawelczyk ran to a time of 5:08.55 in her first time competing in the event for Saginaw Valley.
- In the open 800 meter, Brendan Nesbitt turned in a time of 1:56.70 for the Cardinals. That time tops his best mark of 1:57.42 that he posted in the indoor season.
- Riley Feeney had a mark of 1:59.95 in the 800 open as well while Jordan Walters crossed the line in a time of 2:02.13.
- Tellis Donajkowski ran to a mark of 4:39.56 in the open 1,500 meter run as well.
- Alicia Aldrich finished 2nd in the shot put, putting up a distance of 13.20 meters. She added a mark of 40.62 meters in the hammer throw.
- In the long jump, Lauren Huebner posted a distance of 5.53 meters.
- Donna Jean Eschenbacher was right behind in 4th with a mark of 5.42 meters. That's a new best distance for her in the long jump.
- Brooke Sutyak registered a 4th place finish in the pole vault, clearing the bar at a height of 3.20 meters.
- Kelsey Landra was 6th in the vault event with a height of 3.05 meters.
- Emily Droski posted a mark of 39.52 meters in the hammer throw.
- Ryan Kelly took 1st in the shot put, posting a distance of 16.56 meters.
- In the long jump, Brandon Keys finished in 2nd place after leaping to a distance of 7.03 meters. That's a new personal best performance for Keys in the event.
- In the hammer throw, Nicklas Endres registered a 3rd place showing with his distance of 50.88 meters.
The Cardinals round-out competition on Saturday at the Davenport Tune-up Meet. Follow live results here.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---