UNIVERSITY CENTER -- The Cardinal Track & Field teams hosted the 2019 Doug Hansen Open on Friday at the SVSU Fieldhouse. SVSU put up some impressive finishers against some top-tier competition, including many Division I schools.
- Jenna Keiser took first place in the 800 meter run, posting a time of 2:18.02 in the race. Teammate Lauren Buckner had a top-five finish in the event as well, turning in a time of 2:22.70.
- In the mile run, Allison Dorr claimed the top spot with her time of 5:08.85. Dominique Adams and Sydney Kreger were 7th and 9th with times of 5:14.27 and 5:15.86, respectively.
- Alicia Aldrich finished in 1st place in the shot put, tossing it a distance of 13.82 meters. That is a provisional mark for her.
- Adams added a top-10 finish in the 3,000 meter run, crossing the line at a time of 10:54.33 in 10th place.
- Andriana Higgins finished 4th in the 60 meter hurdles, registering a time of 8.76 seconds, an improvement over her 8.85 seconds she posted in the prelims. That is an NCAA Provisional mark as well.
- The 4 x 400 meter relay saw the Saginaw Valley 'A' squad finish 1st, as Alona Oshevska, Jordan Harvey, Kelsey Landra and Jukaila Hill ran to a time of 4:03.58. The SVSU 'B' team had a 3rd place showing with a time of 4:10.41. That unit consisted of Buckner, Samantha Warren, Keiser and Kreger.
- Sarah Rezler had a 6th place finish in the high jump with her height of 1.53 meters.
- Brooke Sutyak was 7th in the pole vault with her 3.34 meter performance.
- Travon Phillips worked to a 2nd place finish in the 60 meter dash, following his time of 6.96 in the prelims with a mark of 6.89 in the finals.
- In the 400 meter dash, Jordan Walters posted a 5th place finish with his time of 50.44 seconds.
- Parker Eisengruber and Riley Freeney finished 5th and 7th, respectively, in the 800 meter run. Eisengruber had a time of 1:57.15 while Freeney crossed the line in a time of 1:57.98.
- Eisengruber led a charge of five Cardinals in the top-10 of the mile run, finishing 1st with a time of 4:15.41. Ryan Talbott (3rd), Clyde Anderson (5th), Brendan Nesbitt (7th) and Austen Mandernach (10th) rounded-out those racers.
- Andrew Bond was 2nd in the 3,000 meter run, finishing with a mark of 8:48.38. Owen Howard was 5th with his 8:51.72 while Branden Bohling was 7th with a time of 8:56.61.
- The Saginaw Valley 'A' team in the 4 x 400 meter relay was 3rd with their performance of 3:17.86. That team consisted of Keith Rodriguez, Juan Bowers, Carter Eckhardt and Walters.
- The pole vault event saw Jacob Kulhanek finish in 5th with a height of 4.25 meters.
Saginaw Valley continues action at home next weekend, hosting the Jet's Pizza Invitational. The two-day meet will begin Friday (Jan. 25) at 5:00 p.m. before continuing Saturday at 11:00 a.m. at the SVSU Fieldhouse.
@SVtfxc | #svsutrack | @svsuathletics | #BeaksUp
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---