GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — The Cardinals headed to the west side of the state to the Calvin College Tune-Up. The women's team finished sixth overall with a total of 49.5 in the 18 events scored. On the men's side, SVSU finished seventh overall with a total of 50 points.
Below are the times and results of Friday and Saturday's races.
Final times and results
- In the women's 4x100 relay composed of Sam Warren, Lauren Huebner, Donna Jean Eschenbacher and Taylor Lucas, ran a 48.78, finishing fifth.
- In the men's 4x100 relay, the team ran a 41.50. The team was made up of Jamelle Russell, Travon Phillips, Juan Bowers and Andrew Mudd.
- In the 1500m run, Kristina Ayotte notched the first place finish in the first section of the finals. She ran a 5:33.94.
- In the second section of the 1500m run, Kylie Sikkema won first place, running a 5:03.00. Sister Kinzie Sikkema notched a sixth place finish in the third round of finals.
- In the 400m dash, Phillips ran a 51.88. Mudd finished fourth with a time of 49.20. Jordan Walters finished sixth with a time of 49.61, while Noah VanderVeen knocked a time of 49.97, finishing seventh.
- Eschenbacher finished fifth in section two of the finals for the women's 100m dash with a 3.38 time. Lucas followed with a 13.47. Warren ran in section three finishing with a time of 12.89.
- Vincent Fochesato won his section of the finals in the mens 100m dash with a 11.74. Russell finished fourth in the respective race.
- In the 800m run, Kylie Sikkema ran a 2:38.72 in section one of the finals. Madison Dean was close behind with a 2:41.28, finishing sixth.
- Kinzie Sikkema ran a 2:31.00 in section two of the 800m run. Jenna Keiser won the third section with a 2:16.99.
- In the women 400 meter hurdles, Huebner finished fourth with a 1:01.38. In the men's side, Cordell Richardson finished sixth.
- During the women 200 meter dash, Wellman finished second in the first section with a time of 30.27. Keiser finished sixth overall.
- On the men's side of the 200m dash, Fochesato finished fifth with a time of 24.04.
- In the fourth section of the finals in the 200m dash, Keith Rodriguez, Carter Eckhardt, and Bowers, all finished in the top five. Rodriguez led the way with a second place finish, running a 22.35.
- In the women 3000m run, Rebecca Estep finished second with a time of 10:42.00.
- Joe Thwing finished seventh in the pole vaulting competition clearing 1.70m.
- Leidel finished tied for 11th place in the women's high jump competition with a 1.45m.
- Francisco recorded a 12th place finish in the women's shot put competition with a distance of 10.61m.
- In the men's shot put, Nick Endres finished 10th with a 13.37m.
- Brooke Sutyak finished tied for sixth overall, clearing 3.05m, in the pole vaulting competition. On the men's side, Kulhanek finished sixth as well with a 4.27m and Black notched an eighth place finish with a 3.97m jump.
- In the women's hammer throw, Francisco finished 21st with a 31.31m throw.
The Cardinals will head to the GLIAC Outdoor Championships held at Ashland University May 2-4.
@SVtfxc | #SVSUTF| @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU