HOLLAND, Mich. – The 2021 Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Swimming & Diving Championships continued on day three for Saginaw Valley State University Friday at the Holland Community Aquatic Center.
The Cardinals posted several outstanding performances, including a second-straight GLIAC title for Justin Ott in the men's 1-meter diving, while Mason Hooker recorded a new school record to highlight day three.
- Justin Ott captured his second consecutive GLAIC title in the 1-meter diving event with a score of 460.85.
- Mason Hooker set a new school record in the preliminaries of the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 50.63 seconds and finished ninth in the finals in 51.28 seconds.
- Joshua Hamilton was fourth in the 100-yard breaststroke, touching the wall in 55.20 seconds. Teammate Christian Rottier was close behind in fifth in 55.82.
- Erin McDowell closed the 100-yard backstroke in fifth place in 58.74 seconds for the Cardinals.
- Emma Cornell had a strong swim in the 100-yard breaststroke in 1:05.38, finishing in fifth place.
- Kimble Darbee had the top time in the B final of the 200-yard butterfly, touching in 2:11.73.
Team Scores - Women
Women - Team Rankings - Through Event 335
1. Grand Valley State University 865
2. Northern Michigan University 436
3. Wayne State University 414
4. Davenport University 271
6. Ashland University 212
Team Scores - Men
Men - Team Rankings - Through Event 335
1. Grand Valley State University 829.5
2. Wayne State University 541.5
3. Northern Michigan University 417.5
4. St. Cloud State University 309.5
6. Davenport University 236
7. Ashland University 97