HOLLAND, Mich. – The Saginaw Valley State University swimming and diving teams continued competition at the 2021 Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Championships on day two at the Holland Community Aquatic Center.
The Cardinals had several outstanding performances, including three new school records.
- Libby Caird finished second for the Cardinals in the women's 1-meter diving event. She recorded a total score of 423.65. Megan LaFollette was seventh in the event with a score of 379.50.
- The team of Erin McDowell, Lisette Fenneuff, Kimble Darbee, and Emma Cornell took third in the 400-yard medley relay with a time of 3:55.91.
- Darbee added a ninth-place finish in the 100-yard butterfly in a time of 58.31 seconds, followed closely by teammate Sarah Thompson in 12th in 59.73 seconds.
- Sydney Shipps had a strong swim in the 200-yard freestyle, placing seventh in a time of 1:55.78.
- The event got started with an incredible performance by the men's 200-yard freestyle relay team of Joshua Hamilton, Juan-Luke Hamilton, Sanders Modglin, and Kyle Amick. Joshua Hamilton got the relay going with a new 50-yard freestyle SVSU school record with a time of 20.83 seconds, while the team broke the 200-yard freestyle relay school mark with a combined time of 1:22.92, finishing third in the competition.
- Mason Hooker added another school record with a third-place finish in the 100-yard butterfly. He touched the wall in an SVSU-best time of 48.81 seconds. Evan Lindquist was 10th in the event with a time of 50.57 seconds.
- The men's 400-yard medley relay team of Hooker, Christian Rottier, Lindquist, and Juan-Luke Hamilton finished fifth with a time of 3:23.51.