Women: Northern Michigan 152, Saginaw Valley 87
Men: Northern Michigan 141, Saginaw Valley 93
Location: Gerstacker Regional Aquatic Center
UNIVERSITY CENTER -- The SVSU Swimming & Diving programs hosted Northern Michigan University on Sunday (Nov. 5) in a GLIAC dual meet at SVSU's Gerstacker Regional Aquatic Center. The Wildcats defeated the Cardinals on both sides, with the SVSU women falling by a 152-87 score and the men by a 141-93 count.
- Lydia Mattar had a solid meet, claiming victories in the 400 IM (4:38.76) and the 100 Breast (1:06.37).
- Wilhelmina Francisco posted a new six dive program record in the three meter dive, registering a total of 275.15 points. She added another second-place showing in the one meter event with her total of 252.15 points.
- The 200 Medley Relay team finished in second, posting a mark of 1:50.66. That team consisted of Amanda Thielen, Lydia Mattar, Kimble Darbee and Taylor Grashuis.
- Thielen finished second in the 100 Back with a time of 58.29 seconds.
- Grashuis was the top finisher for SVSU in the 200 Free, registering a time of 1:59.36 for second place.
- In the 50 Free, Melanie Soenksen was second with her time of 24.45 seconds.
- Alexandra Davis finished third to score in the 1,000 Free, turning in a time of 10:57.76. She was also third in the 500 Free with a mark of 5:19.69.
- In the 100 Fly, Rebeca Martinez finished second with her time of 1:00.60.
- Thielen, Martinez, Davis and Soenksen were second in the 400 Free relay with a time of 3:41.29.
- The 200 Medley Relay team took the top spot in its race, as Dalton Pokley, Shaun Yap, Dylan Kopacki and Kyle Amick teamed-up for a time of 1:33.62.
- Pokley and Kopacki were second and third in the 100 Fly, turning in times of 50.99 and 52.38, respectively.
- Yap claimed a first-place showing in the 100 Breast with his time of 56.26 seconds. He added a runner-up showing in the 50 Free with his time of 21.63 seconds.
- Justin Ott won both diving events over Northern Michigan, registering a total of 276.30 in the One Meter event and 288.05 in the Three Meter dive.
- Peter Lin was third in the 1,000 Free, posting a time of 9:52.36. He was runner-up in the 500 Free, finishing in 4:45.07.
- Jayden Hutchinson was third in the 200 Free with a mark of 1:44.34.
- Connor Henning finished third in the 100 Back with a mark of 54.34 seconds.
- In the 400 Free Relay, Lin, Hutchinson, Michael Spears and Kyle Amick finished 3rd with a time of 3:13.67.
From Head Coach Bruce Zimmerman
"Today was a tough day for the team. We went up against a very strong and well-prepared Northern Michigan team. We had some improved performances again this week but we still have a long way to go to be competitive with the top teams in the GLIAC. We are looking forward to having some great performances in our last two remaining meets of the fall semester."
The Cardinals return to the pool on Saturday (Nov. 11) when they travel to Valparaiso for a non-conference meet. The action is set to begin at 1:00 p.m.
@SVSUSwim_Dive | #svsuswim | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---