Game 2: Erskine 13, Saginaw Valley 6
Records: EC (18-6) | SV (4-6)
Location: Grier Field - Due West, S.C.
Due West, S.C. - The SVSU baseball team couldn't overcome a big seven-run seventh inning for their opponents on the road at Erskine College, as the Cardinals dropped a 13-6 contest to the Flying Fleet to come away from their two-game series with them 1-1.
Erskine took an early lead in the matchup, plating three runs in the bottom of the first inning for the 3-0 lead.
The Fleet added three more runs in their half of the third to put the lead at 6-1.
The cards would continue to score five unanswered runs; four in the fourth and one in the fifth to knot the score at 6-6. Adam Fitzgibbon hit an RBI single to score Guglielmi, followed by a run from Brendan Harrison, knocked-in by Swiss. Eschenburg hit a two-RBI single to score Fitzgibbon and Craig Wilson. Harrison accounted for the run in the fifth, driving-in Guglielmi with an RBI double.
Ersking added seven runs in the bottom of the seventh inning, however, to take a 13-6 edge. That's where the final score would stand as well, with the Fleet coming away with the victory.
Inside the Boxscore
- Guglielmi was 2-for-4 and scored two runs for the Cards.
- Swiss extened his hitting streak to 10 games with his double in the game. He added a walk, RBI and scored a run.
- Eschenburg had a hit and two RBIs in the game.
- Harrison, Fitzgibbon and Carson drove-in the other runs for the Cardinals.
- Jake Tarbell (0-2) took the loss on the mound for the Cards, working 6.0 innings. Max Ludka pitched the final 2.0 innings.
Saginaw Valley travels to play Montreat College on Thursday (Mar. 10) in a single, nine-inning game. The game is set for 2:00 p.m. in Montreat, North Carolina.
@SVSUBaseball | #svsubsb
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---