Midland, Mich. - The Saginaw Valley State Men's and Women's Cross Country teams earned first-place finishes at the Northwood Invitational on Saturday afternoon to begin the 2019 season. The Cardinals earned the top-finisher spots for both the men, CarLee Stimpfel, and women, Morgan Fuerst.
Women's Results: The women finished tied for first overall with a top-five team time score of 32 points, holding a tiebreaker edge over Northern Michigan.
- Junior Morgan Fuerst opens her 2019 season with a winning time of 18:17.6
- Next up was 3rd place finisher Jenna Keiser who came in at 18:35.5
- Right behind Keiser was senior Sydney Kreger who crossed the line at 18:45.3 good for 5th place
- Finishing in 7th place was sophomore Katelyn Spooner who finished with a time of 18:57.3
- Rounding out the Cardinals top-five was junior Maggie Pawelczyk who finished 20th with a time of 19:55.5
Men's Results: The men finished first overall as the Northwood Invitational Champions with a top-five team sscore of 26 points.
- Sophomore CarLee Stimpfel earned the top-finishing spot with a winning time of 18:24.6
- Following Stimpfel was sophomore Ryan Talbott who finished 3rd overall crossing the line at 18:55.0
- Finishing 4th was sophomore Dayton Brown in a time of 19:02.2
- Next was junior Branden Bohling who came in at 19:09.0 earning 6th overall
- Rounding out the Cardinals top-five was freshman Sam Deardorff who finished with a time of 19:21.6, good for 12th overall
The Cardinals are on the road again Friday, September 13th, as they compete in the MSU Auto Owners Invitational.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---