DETROIT — The SVSU Men and Women's Cross Country Teams travelled to the Warrior Challende held by Wayne State University Saturday morning.
Women's Results: The women's team finished third overall, with a total time of 1:59:10.
- Spooner ran a new personal 6k record with a time of 23:24.9. She ran the top slot for the women with a finish of fifth place.
- Kreger finished eighth overall with a time of 23:34.2.
- Rebecca Estep ended with a time of 23:57.9, finishing 16th overall.
- Sophomore runner Isabella Garcia took 18th place running a 24:05.9, her new personal record.
- Carissa Martin rounded out the top 20 with a 19th place finish with a time of 24:06.7.
- Arianna Wegienka (21), Kinzie Sikkema (23) and Kaitlyn Owens (25) topped off the top 25 for the women's team.
Men's Results: The men's team finished sixth overall, with a total time of 2:17:11.
- Zak Drews was the top runner for the Cardinals, finishing 13th overall 26:39.4. This is new personal record for Drews in the 8k.
- Owen Howard finished 16th running a 26:54.3, his new personal record.
- Brendan Nesbitt finished 29th with a time of 27:31.3 to round out the top 30.
- Jordan Walters (31), Riley Feeney (46) and Tellis Donajkowski (52) were other top finishers for the Cardinals.
The Cardinals will remain on the road to race in the GLIAC Championships on Nov. 3 held at Grand Valley State University.
@SVtfxc | #SVSUXC| @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU