Romeoville, Ill. — The SVSU Men and Women's Cross Country Teams travelled to the Lewis Crossover Race held by Lewis University Saturday morning. The Cardinal teams both had one top 25 finish, with Allison Dorr coming in fifh for the women's team and Tom Goforth finishing fourth overall.
Women's Results: The women's team finished eighth overall, with a time of 1:55:28.20.
- Allison Dorr knocked in her first top ten finish on the year with her fifth place finish in the women's race, running a 21:55.30.
- Next up was a 52nd finish by senior Sophia Bradley. She ran a 23:16.50.
- Right behind Bradley was Morgan Fuerst, who ran a 23:17.70.
- In the 55th finishing spot was Jenna Keiser, with a 23:18.60 time.
- Maggie Pawelczyk finished 76th with a time of 23:40.30.
- In the 91st spot was Rebecca Estep, running a 23:56.90.
- Rounding out the top 100 for the Cardinals was junior runner Sydney Kreger, who ran a 24:01.30 in today's race.
Men's Results: The men's team finished fourth overall, with a time of 1:55:28.20.
- Senior runner, Goforth, ended up finishing in the top slot for the team with a time of 24:44.00 and finish of fourth. This was Goforths new college best time for the 8k race.
- Ryan Talbott, the freshman, ran a 25:33.30, finishing 31st for the Cards.
- Senior Parker Eisengruber followed behind in 32nd place after a time of 25:34.90.
- Austen Mandernach finished 40th for the Cardinals after running a 25:42.80.
- Nate Frasier was just shy of top 50 after he ran a 25:52.40, finishing 52nd.
- Other finishers (Timmy Kimball (71), Branden Bohling (93), Andrew Bond (107)
The Cardinals will remain on the road to race in the Jayhawk Invitational on Friday, Oct. 12, in Muskegon, Mich.
@SVtfxc | #SVSUXC| @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU