UNIVERSITY CENTER, Mich. – Saginaw Valley State Volleyball team took down Ashland, 3-0, Saturday afternoon. Cardinals now improve to 2-3 in GLIAC play and 3-10 overall. Eagles fall to 2-3 and 8-5 overall.
Ashland (W 3-0)
The Cardinals played with intensity and drive in the entire match versus the Eagles. Set one, McKenzie Schuster contributed four kills and no errors, to help her team achieve a 25-23 victory and to take the lead 1-0. SVSU defense was strong in set two with Emily Nieman earning eight digs and Abbie Toland earning seven. Olivia Dean was also a key player, earning three aces on the Eagles serve recieve, taking set two 25-22. Eagles fought hard in set three, creating multiple changes of leads, but the Cardinals stayed strong offensively and defensively, taking the final set victory 25-23 and the match 3-0. SVSU served strong the entire match, recording their season high of eight aces.
Inside the Boxscore:
• Setter Hannah Tabit played well for the Cardinals, earning 32 assists, four kills and two service aces, giving her the "Player of the Match."
• Sarah Tabit added 14 kills four digs.
• McKenzie Schuster had her season high, hitting .409 on 14 kills.
• Emily Nieman had 12 digs.
• Cardinals had their season high of eight aces.
From Head Coach Will Stanton
The Cardinals will stay for another two game home stretch beginning Friday, Sept. 29, facing Northwood at 7 p.m., followed by Ferris State on Saturday at 2 p.m.
@SVSU_Volleyball | #svsuvb | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---