HILLSDALE Mich. - The SVSU volleyball team ran its winning streak to eight matches after posting a 3-1 victory on the road over the Hillsdale College Chargers.
The Cardinals opened up play with a 25-22 win in the opening set to take the 1-0 advantage.
Hillsdale responded with a 25-18 victory in the second frame, knotting the match at 1-1.
Saginaw Valley woud close out the match with narrow decisions in the third and fourth sets. The Cards posted 25-23 and 25-22 wins to close out for the win, respectively.
Inside the Boxscore
- Kaylee Schmitt registered a .325 hitting percentage, notching 17 kills with a team-best five blocks. She was named the Chili's Player of the Match for her efforts.
- Kelly Vellucci posted 43 assists, adding 15 digs defensively.
- Andrea Brigham had 11 kills and 10 digs while McKenzie Schuster registered 10 kills and four blocks.
- Tamara Heller added 14 digs while Emily Nieman posted 12.
- The team's eight victories match last year's streak to start the 2015 campaign.
The Cardinals return to play on Saturday (Oct. 29) with a match at Northwood University. First serve is set for 5:00 p.m. at NU's Riepma Arena. The T-Wolves are coming off a 3-0 home sweep over Lake Superior State.
@SVSU_Volleyball | #svsuvball