Score: Findlay 3, Saginaw Valley 0
Records: UF (8-4, 4-0 GLIAC) | SVSU (5-7, 1-3 GLIAC)
Location: Croy Gymnasium - Findlay, Ohio
FINDLAY, Ohio - Saginaw Valley's volleyball team continued on the road to take-on the University of Findlay Oilers on Saturday (Sep. 24) afternoon in a GLIAC contest. After a marathon thrilling first set, the Cardinals would fall by a 3-0 count on the road.
In the first set, the Cards battled back from down 20-16 to knot the score at 20-20 and the frame would go into extended play. It would last for a while, as the Oilers would eventually squeeze out a 34-32 decision in the opener.
Findlay then closed-out for the victory after posting 25-14 and 25-17 wins in the second and third sets, respectively.
Inside the Boxscore
- The Cardinals had their best hitting percentage in the third set, where they posted a mark of .357.
- Tamara Heller had a team-best 10 kills, adding 10 digs.
- Andrea Brigham posted eight kills while McKenzie Schuster and Kennedy Marker each added six.
- Abbie Toland posted a team-best 12 digs whle Emily Nieman added 11.
- Kelly Vellucci had 33 assists and added seven digs defensively.
SVSU hosts Lake Superior State University on Tuesday night GLIAC contest. First serve is set for 6:00 p.m. at SVSU's Hamilton Gymnasium.
@SVSU_Volleyball | #svsuvball