MIDLAND, Mich. – The Saginaw Valley State University women's tennis team fell to Wayne State University in a Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Saturday at the Greater Midland Tennis Center.
The Warriors swept the match 7-0 to drop the Cardinals to 6-7 overall and 0-2 in the GLIAC.
- (1) Anais Ruyssen / (WSU )def. Chelsea Dzenga / Andrea Teofilovic (SVSU) 6-2
- (2) Laura Cazacu / Linda Liong (WSU) def. Nicole Johnson / Alexis Anthes (SVSU) 6-3
- (3) Brianna Douglas / Sabrina Laynes (WSU) def. Elizabeth Stuart / Adiya Young (SVSU) 6-2
- (1) Anais Ruyssen (WSU) def. Sara Neves (SVSU) 6-1, 6-2
- (2) Marta Komar (WSU) def. Emma Charlton (SVSU) 6-0, 6-1
- (3) Laura Cazacu (WSU) def. Elizabeth Stuart (SVSU) 6-2, 6-2
- (4) Brianna Douglas (WSU) def. Chelsea Dzenga (SVSU) 6-1, 7-5
- (5) Suki Mandair (WSU) def. Nicole Johnson (SVSU) 7-5, 1-6, 10-5
- (6) Sabrina Laynes (WSU) def. Joanne Gao (SVSU) 6-4, 6-0
The Cardinals head north to take on Michigan Tech at 10 am on Friday, April 1 in Houghton, Mich.