ORLANDO – The Saginaw Valley State University women's tennis team opened its Spring Break trip to Florida with a victory over St. Cloud State University Monday in Orlando.
The Cardinals took the doubles points with wins at No. 2 and No. 3. The Cardinals earned the victory with wins at No. 4, No. 5, and No. 6 to move to 4-5 on the season overall.
Match Results Doubles:
- (1) Claudia Munoz Perez/Johana Brower (SCSU) def. Sara Neves/Chelsea Dzenga (SVSU) 6-2
- (2) Nicole Johnson/Joanne Gao (SVSU) def. Maria Paz Aoki/Shanna Kinny (SCSU) 6-4
- (3) Alexis Anthes/Elizabeth Stuart (SVSU) def. Olivia Frederickson/Maria Molitor (SCSU) 6-4
Match Results Singles:
- (1) Arisa Kashima (SCSU) def. Sara Neves (SVSU) 6-4, 6-2
- (2) Maria Paz Aoki (SCSU) def. Emma Charlton (SVSU) 6-2, 4-6, 13-1
- (3) Johana Brower (SCSU) def. Chelsea Dzenga (SVSU) 2-6, 6-2, 10-8
- (4) Nicole Johnson (SVSU) def. Shanna Kinny (SCSU) 6-3, 6-3
- (5) Elizabeth Stuart (SVSU) def. Claudia Munoz Perez (SCSU) 6-0, 6-2
- (6) Adiya Young (SVSU) def. Samantha Fitzpatrick (SCSU) 6-4, 6-1
The Cardinals return to action against the University of Sioux Falls at 8 am Tuesday in Orlando.