The Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) has announced its 2020 Division II Women ITA Scholar-Athletes and All-Academic Teams. The SVSU Women's Tennis team earned the honor, as well as five student-athletes for the Cardinals.
Miller and Johnson add this honor to the 2019 All-GLIAC honors they received in conjunction with the GLIAC Tournament, as Miller was named to the All-GLIAC Second Team and Johnson was named to the All-GLIAC Honorable Mention squad.
To be named an ITA Scholar-Athlete, one must meet the following requirements:
- have a grade point average of at least 3.5 (on a 4.00 scale) for the current academic year
- be listed on the institutional eligibility form
To be named an ITA All-Academic Team, programs must meet the following requirements:
- have a team grade point average of 3.2 or above (on a 4.00 scale),
- all student-athletes included should be listed on the institutional eligibility form, and
- all varsity letter winners should be factored into the cumulative team GPA for the current academic year
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---