GRAND RAPIDS -- The Saginaw Valley State University Women's Tennis team competed on Saturday in the opening day of the 2018 ITA Regionals, posting some solid results so far in the event.
- Joanne Gao dropped her opening match 6-1, 6-4.
- Maya Campbell posted a 6-2, 6-2 victory before falling in her second contest by a 6-3, 7-6(5) margin.
- Taylor McLaughlin fell in her first match by a score of 6-2, 6-4.
- Maddie Miller was victorious in her first matchup, 6-3, 7-5, but dropped her second by a score of 7-5, 6-2.
- The duo of Miller and Gyselle Daza Gutierrez rattled-off two victories, posting wins of 8-0 and 8-6 to advance to the quarterfinals.
- Gao and Campbell had advanced to the quarterfinals of doubles play as well, posting consecutive 8-2 victories.
- Gutierrez won her first match by a score of 6-1, 6-2 and fell in her second by a 6-3, 6-0 count.
- Nicole Johnson fell in her first contest by a 6-1, 7-5 margin.
- Johnson and McLaughlin fell in their matchup by a score of 8-6.
The Cardinals return to the court Sunday morning for second round action. Stay tuned to www.svsucardinals.com for full details.
@svsu_tennis | #svsuwten | @svsuatheltics
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---