UNIVERSITY CENTER — The SVSU Women's Soccer team is headed to the GLIAC semfinals on Friday (Nov.2) after defeating the Parkside Rangers in their ninth shutout of the season, 3-nil. This win gives the Cardinals their best record since 2009 and is coach O'Neill's best season since arriving at Saginaw Valley with 12 victories.
In the first half of the contest, Vanderhoff earned her first goal after a great feed from Samantha Dunn at 23:35 mark of action, taking the lead 1-0 at the halftime break.
The Cardinals posted four shots on goal in the first half, holding the Rangers to zero.
Next up was from header into the back of the net from defender Muana, a corner kick from Amanda Minissale at the 50:50 mark, pushing the deficit to 2-nil against Parkside.
Vanderhoff was at it again at the 68:37, sneaking one in the back of the net after a blocked shot from teammate Valentina Giambanco.
Lastly, Ismail used a pass from teammate Hannah Tarnaski, turned around and shot at 87:03 mark to secure the teams ninth shutout of the year, 4-nil.
Inside the Boxscore:
- The Cardinals outshot the Rangers 33-10
- Alyssa Watts (W, 12-3-3) earns her 12th victory after posting her two goals
- Ismail, Giambanco and Vanderhoff, each took five shots on goal.
- Ismail scored her second goal of the season
- Vanderhoff recorded her eighth and ninth goal, tying the team-high with Giambanco.
- Muana posted her first goal for the 2018 campaign, fourth as a Cardinal.
The Cardinals will await their fate for Friday nights GLIAC semifinals after the conclusion of all quarterfinal games Tuesday (Oct. 30) afternoon.
@SVSUWSOC | #svsuwsoc | @svsuathletics | #BeaksUp
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---