SAULT STE. MARIE -- The SVSU Women's Basketball team continued on the road Saturday (Feb. 8) afternoon and secured an 82-60 victory over the Lake Superior State University Lakers. The Cardinals were paced by Tori DePerry and Kaitlyn Zarycki, who each posted 20-point scoring efforts in the victory.
The opening quarter saw the visiting Cardinals score 24 points to LSSU's seven, as Zarycki had a big opening quarter with 11 points.
DePerry added 11 points in the second quarter for SVSU, putting the visitors up by a 44-25 margin at the halftime break.
The third quarter was a high-scoring affair for both teams, with the Cards narrowly posting a 23-21 edge in that frame and taking a 67-46 advantage into the final period. Kyndall Spires led the team with five points in the third while Zarycki and Maddie Barrie each had four.
In the fourth quarter, SVSU outscored Lake Superior State 15-14 and closed-out for the 82-60 victory to sweep the Lakers in the regular season series.
Inside the Boxscore
- DePerry had a career-high 20 points with a five rebounds in the victory. She was named the Meijer "Player of the Game."
- Zarycki added 20 points as well and grabbed a game-high eight rebounds. She added four assists and two steals.
- Maddie Maloney scored 13 points with three rebounds and an assist.
- Barrie netted 11 points, grabbed three rebounds and had an assist.
- Spires finished with seven points total in the game.
Saginaw Valley remains on the road on Thursday (Feb. 13), playing at Grand Valley State University in a 6:00 p.m. league game. You can follow that action live at www.svsucardinals.com.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---