KALAMAZOO -- The SVSU Women's Basketball team got another career effort from senior forward Abby Duffy on Monday at Western Michigan, as she grabbed a career-high 21 rebounds, adding 17 points in the team's 75-51 setback to the Broncos.
The Cardinals kept the first quarter tight, trailing just 17-15 after the opening 10 minutes of play. A Kaitlyn Geers layup at the 5:41 mark put the visitors up 9-8, giving them their only lead of the contest.
Western Michigan outscored SVSU 25-8 in the second quarter, however, putting the halftime score at 42-23.
A 26-10 edge for the Broncos in the third frame put the score at 68-33 heading into the final quarter.
Saginaw Valley had an 18-7 advantage in the fourth and final quarter. That was not enough, however, as the Broncos closed-out for the 75-51 victory.
Inside the Boxscore
- It marks Duffy's seventh double-double of the 2018-19 season. She was named the Meijer "Player of the Game" for her efforts.
- WMU shot 44.4% from the floor while SVSU shot 31.0%.
- The Broncos forced 21 SV turnovers and committed just five.
- Maddie Maloney added nine points with two assists and a rebound.
- Geers netted nine points as well, adding three rebounds, two steals and an assist.
Saginaw Valley heads to Hammond, Indiana to face Purdue Northwest on Thursday (Jan. 3) afternoon. Tip-off will be 6:00 p.m. eastern time for the GLIAC matchup.
@SVSUWBB | #svsuwbb | @svsuathletics | #BeaksUp
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---