BIG RAPIDS -- The SVSU Women's Basketball team traveled to Ferris State University on Saturday afternoon for a weekend GLIAC contest. Despite a solid fourth quarter, the Cardinals couldn't overtake the Bulldogs in the league matchup and fell by a 72-44 margin.
Ferris State led by a 19-12 margin after the opening 10 minutes of play, as the Cardinals had a balanced scoring effort in the first quarter.
The Bulldogs, however, outscored the Cardinals 16-2 and 28-6 in the second and third quarters, respectively, and led by a 63-20 score after the third quarter.
Saginaw Valley outscored Ferris by a 24-9 margin in the fourth quarter, but the Bulldogs maintained and sealed a 72-44 victory at home in the matchup.
Inside the Boxscore
- Maddie Maloney led the way for Saginaw Valley, earning Meijer "Player of the Game" honors with 11 points, three rebounds and two steals.
- Maddie Barrie had eight points with three boards and a steal.
- Abby Duffy had a team-best seven rebounds and four steals while Mariah Cook tallied seven points with four steals.
- The Bulldogs shot 47.0% from the floor while the Cardinals hit at only a 28.1% clip.
- Ferris owned the rebounding margin with a 55-32 edge.
- The Bulldogs had a 44-30 advantage in points in the paint as well.
The Cardinals return to the hardwood next on Monday, Dec. 17 when they travel to play at Florida Southern over break. Tip-off will be 2:00 p.m. in Lakeland, Florida.
@SVSUWBB | #svsuwbb | @svsuathletics | #BeaksUp
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---