COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Saginaw Valley State Women's Basketball team fell on the road Tuesday (Nov. 21) evening to regional foe Ohio Dominican. With the Panthers outscoring the Cardinals 39-23 at the half, SVSU could not bounce back as they fell to ODU,77-56, in Alumni Hall.
The score remained close throughout the opening quarter, with three ties in the first 10 minutes before the Panthers would carry a narrow 16-13 edge heading into the second. Laurel Jacqmain led the way for the visitors, scoring a game-high four points to that point with a pair of rebounds and an assist.
The Panthers continued to lead and posted a 23-15 advantage in the second quarter to carry a 39-28 lead into the halftime break. Abby Duffy tallied six points in the second frame for SV to lead the way offensively.
ODU continued onto the third quarter and had an even better offensive performance, going for 28 points in the third while holding SVSU to 14, putting the score at 67-42.
Despite outscoring the Panthers by a 14-10 mark in the fourth, the home team would end up closing-out for the victory at 77-56 when the final buzzer sounded at Alumni Hall.
Inside the Box Score
- Duffy tied her season high of 14 points in tonight's regional matchup, earning herself the "Meijer Player of the Game" honor. She added six rebounds, a steal and one assist.
- Jacqmain posted a career-high of 13 points and tallied five rebounds and two assists against the Panthers.
- Anna Hall grabbed a game-high nine rebounds, adding four assists and three steals. She scored six points as well.
- Kaitlyn Geers had seven points and four rebounds on the night in just 15 minutes off the bench.
- Ohio Dominican posted a 92.9% mark (13-of-14) from the charity stripe, while the Cardinals went 20-29 for a 69.0% total..
- The Panthers posted a slight 39-37 advantage in rebounds.
- The Cardinals were outscored in the paint by a 42-16 margin.
- ODU had 24 points off 25 Cardinal turnovers while SV had 15 points off 15 Panther mishaps.
The Cardinals will remain at ODU for its next game, Wednesday (Nov. 22) against Glenville State to round out their pre-GLIAC schedule. The game is slated to begin at 1 p.m. in Alumni Hall.
@SVSUWBB| #svsuwbb | @SVSUAthetics | #GoSVSU
— www.svsucardinals.com —