Score: No. 23 SVSU 80, Cal State San-Marcos 49
Records: SVSU (4-1) | CSSM (3-2)
Location: SAN DIEGO, Calif.
SAN DIEGO, Calif. - The number 23 nationally-ranked SVSU Women's basketball team rebounded for a 31-point win to round-out play in San Diego against Cal State San-Marcos in the second game of the Thanksgiving Classic at UC-San Diego.
The second quarter went SVSU's way as well, with Wendling notching 10 of her points and four rebounds while the Cards carried a 45-26 lead into the third.
Hannah Settingsgaard connected on both of her field goal attempts in the third quarter to post five of her eight points and the Cards led by 59-38 after an Anna Hall layup with just 11 seconds left in the third frame.
SVSU would close-out for the impressive victory over San Marcos, leading by as many as 31 points with 3:47 to play in the fourth.
Inside the Boxscore
- Wendling was stellar once again, posting 24 points and 10 boards for her first double-double of the season. She earned Meijer Player of the Game honors and would be named to the All-Tournament Team for the UCSD Thanksgiving Classic.
- Nieman added 14 points with six rebounds and two assists.
- Anna Hall posted nine points, eight rebounds, three helpers and a steal.
- Kaatelyn Carriere and Settingsgaard each added eight points while Carriere grabbed six boards and had two steals.
- Settingsgaard stole three and grabbed two boards with two assists herself.
- SVSU led with a 46-24 mark in points in the paint while shooting 51.7% (31-60) from the field.
No. 23 SVSU is now 4-1 and hosts Hillsdale College on Thursday, December 1st to kick-off GLIAC play for the 2016-17 campaign. Tip-off for their game is 6 pm at O'Neill Arena.
SVSU @SVSUWBB | #svsuwbb | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU