ROCHESTER, Mich. – The Saginaw Valley State University track & field team opened competition at the Elaine Leigh Invite hosted by Oakland University on Friday in Rochester, Mich.
The Cardinals opened the two-day event with several finals taking place on day one at Oakland.
- Alexa Keiser (4:35.22) and Lauren Buckner (4:39.76) took the top two spots in the women's 1,500-meter. Jenna Picard was fifth for the Cardinals in a time of 4:45.46.
- Arianna Wegienka had a strong performance in the 5K, crossing the line in second place with a time of 17:14.25.
- Corey Bowers won the men's 1,500-meter with a time of 3:50.36. Dominic Suliman was third in the event for the Cardinals in 3:52.18, followed by teammate Brendan Nesbitt in fifth with a time of 3:53.37.
- Nick Bozarth was the top Cardinal in the 5k with a time of 14:53.19 to finish sixth.
- In the men's javelin throw, Trevin Phillips finished fifth with a best throw of 47.65 meters.
The Cardinals compete on day two of the Elaine Leigh Invite on Saturday in Rochester.