ALLENDALE, Mich.- The Saginaw Valley State University track and field teams competed at the Grand Valley State University Big Meet on Friday and Saturday in Allendale, Mich.
- Alona Olshevska earned a fourth-place finish in the 200-meter dash with a time of 24.41 seconds (NCAA P), setting a new SVSU school record. She also ran 7.65 seconds (NCAA P) in the 60-meter dash.
- In the 5000-meter run, Arianna Wegienka ran a time of 17:25.77 (NCAA P).
- Cheyenne Williamson finished third in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.70 seconds (NCAA P). She was also third in the long jump with a leap of 5.94 meters (NCAA P).
- Ciera Weber took ninth in the pole vault with a mark of 3.66 meters.
- On Saturday, Angelina Delbosque took ninth in the 60-meter dash with a time of 7.98. Grace Collett was seventh in Saturday's 60-meter hurdles race in 9.18 seconds, while Cassandra Campbell took ninth place with a time of 9.21 seconds.
- The distance medley relay team of Olshevska, Jenna Picard, Alexa Keiser, and Lauren Buckner was third with a time of 11:42.81.
- Taylor Lucas was seventh in the long jump on Saturday with a leap of 5.32 meters. She was also eighth in the triple jump event with a mark of 10.54 meters.
- Ali Aldrich won the weight throw event on Saturday with a toss of 17.73 meters (NCAA P). Mackenzie Ramey claimed third in the shot put event with a toss of 13.36 meters.
- Dayton Brown finished in eighth place in the 3000-meter run with a time of 8:14.94 (NCAA P).
- In the 5000-meter race Friday evening, CarLee Stimpfel was second with a time of 13:59.58 (NCAA P).
- Brendan Nesbitt and Austin Rippee competed in the 800-meter run, with Nesbitt finishing with a time of 1:52.91 and Rippee running 1:56.60.
- Eric Niestroy finished with a time of 4:26.06 in the mile run.
- Quin Broussard ran 7.06 seconds in the 60-meter dash.
- In the 60-meter hurdles on Saturday, Nathan Furst finished in fifth-place with a time of 8.49 seconds.
- Nesbitt, Corey Bowers, Dominic Suliman, and Ryan Mixon competed in the distance medley relay and ran a time of 9:54.82 (NCAA P).
- Cavan Wilcox was third in the pole vault event on Saturday with a mark of 4.60 meters.
- Ben Arens took the victory in Saturday's high jump with a leap of 1.91 meters.
- Clarence Corbett earned the win in Saturday's weight throw with a mark of 18.16 meters (NCAA P). He was also second in the shot put with a toss of 16.72 meters (NCAA P).
The Cardinals will host the SVSU Tune-Up at 2:30 pm next Friday from the SVSU Fieldhouse.