UNIVERSITY CENTER, Mich. - The Saginaw Valley State University women's track and field team hosted Northern Michigan University and Wayne State University in a tri-meet Saturday afternoon from the SVSU Fieldhouse. The host Cardinals won the meet with 72 team points, while the Warriors were second with 61.5, and the Wildcats third with 33.5 points.
SVSU also sent athletes to compete at Concordia Ann-Arbor on Friday night.
Women's Highlights (Saturday):
- Alexa Keiser won the 3000-meter run on Saturday with a time of 9:55.67 (NCAA P).
- Ali Aldrich took first place in the weight throw with a toss of 17.28 meters (NCAA P).
- The Cardinals went 1-2 in the shot put, with Mackenzie Ramey taking first with a throw of 13.11 meters, and Brooke Coulter taking second with a toss of 12.36 meters.
- Cheyenne Williamson took first in the long jump with a mark of 5.61 meters. She was third in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:21.40, and fifth in the shot put with a throw of 11.41 meters. On Friday night she was the winner in the high jump with a jump of 1.65 meters.
- Kelsey Landra won the high jump with a height of 1.51 meters.
- Alona Olshevska took the 300-meter dash with a time of 39.17 seconds
- The 4x300-meter team of Williamson, Olshevska, Alexa Cross, and Jenna Picard closed the meet by winning with a time of 2:42.92.
Men's Highlights (Friday):
- Thomas Hufton won the 3000-meter run on Friday night with a time of 8:43.32
- Austin Rippee took second place in the 800-meter race in 1:57.22.
- In the 60-meter hurdles, Nathan Furst was second with a time of 8.58 seconds.
- Ryan Mixon earned the win in the 400-meter dash in 51.13 seconds.
- The 4x400-meter relay saw the team of Mixon, Rodney Zimmerman, Tyler Burrell, and Quin Broussard finish fourth with a time of 3:32.13.
- Cavan Wilcox earned the victory in the pole vault on Friday with a mark of 4.45 meters.
- Ben Arens placed first in the high jump with a jump of 1.85 meters.
SVSU will travel to the Grand Valley State University Big Meet next weekend starting at 10 am Friday in Allendale, Mich.