UNIVERSITY CENTER, Mich. - The Saginaw Valley State University track and field teams hosted the Doug Hansen Open on Friday evening at the Ryder Center Fieldhouse. The Cardinals posted solid showings both on the track and in the field.
- Alona Olshevska was the winner of the women's 60-meter dash, finishing with a time of 7.65 seconds. Angelina Delbosque was second with a time of 7.96 seconds.
- Cheyenne Williamson was victorious in both the 60-meter hurdles and high jump events. The junior ran a time of 8.57 seconds and posted a jump of 1.67 meters.
- Alexa Cross was second in the 200-meter dash with a time of 26.73.
- Cross, Olshevska, Olivia Carpenter, and Sophia Thelen closed the meet by winning the 4x400-meter relay with a time of 4:08.54.
- Mackenzie Ramey was second in the shot put with a toss of 13.71 meters, while Ali Aldrich took second in the weight throw with a mark of 17.32 meters.
- Clarence Corbett swept both throwing events. The sophomore won the weight throw with a toss of 16.65 meters and took the shot put with a throw of 15.29 meters.
- Deven Varela won the pole vault with a mark of 4.28 meters.
- The Cardinals went 1-2 in the 800-meter run. Brendan Nesbitt ran 1:57.60 to earn the victory, while Austin Rippee was right behind with a time of 1:58.65.
- Ryan Talbott was second in the mile with a time of 4:13.18.
- Nathan Furst was second in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.53 seconds, while Dan Westarb was third in 8.82.
SVSU will host day one of the Jet's Pizza Invitational at 11:15 am Friday from the Ryder Center Fieldhouse.