UNIVERSITY CENTER, Mich. - The Saginaw Valley State University track & field teams hosted the SVSU Classic on Friday evening from the Ryder Center Fieldhouse. It was the first meet in over a month for the Cardinals as they returned to competition after the holiday break.
- The Cardinals had the top 3 finishers in the women's mile race. Alexa Keiser was the winner in 5:01.80, Lauren Buckner was second with a time of 5:13.77, and Jenna Picard finished third in 5:14.55.
- Ciera Weber was the winner of the women's pole vault with a mark of 3.57 meters.
- Ali Aldrich was third in the weight throw with a toss of 16.48 meters.
- Mackenzie Ramey was fourth in the shot put event with a throw of 12.64 meters.
- Clarence Corbett earned the victory in the men's shot put with a toss of 16.45 meters.
- Cavan Wilcox was also a winner for the Cardinals in the men's pole vault. He had a mark of 4.39 meters.
- Also in the men's pole vault, Deven Varela and Will Aldrich tied for fourth place with a vault of 4.09 meters.
- Nathan Furst was third in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.58 seconds.
The Cardinals host the Doug Hansen Open at 2:30 pm next Friday from the Ryder Center.