MARION, Ind. – The Saginaw Valley State University track & field teams opened the 2021 outdoor season at the Indiana Wesleyan University Polar Bear Invitational Saturday in Marion, Ind.
- Morgan Fuerst took first in the 1,500-meters with a time of 4:35.25.
- The 4x100 relay team of Angelina Delbosque, Lauren Huebner, Alona Olshevska, and Cheyenne Williamson finished first with a time of 47.66 seconds.
- The Cardinals also took first in the 4x400 relay with the team of Williamson, Fuerst, Olshevska, and Huebner crossing the line in a time of 3:54.27.
- Ali Aldrich followed up her strong indoor season with a great start outdoors. She hit the NCAA Provisional qualifying mark in the shot put with a best of 13.86m.
- Sheridan Dinsmore also hit an NCAA Provisional mark, taking second in the discus with a best of 45.67m, finishing second at the event.
- Emily Droski placed second in the javelin with her best throw of the day of 34.24m.
- Alexa Cross was second in the 400-meter dash with a time of 59.30 seconds, followed by teammate Cassie Campbell in 1:00.03 in fifth place.
- Ciera Weber was fourth for the Cardinals in the pole vault, clearing 3.25m.
- Sam Black took the men's 100m dash with a time of 10.68 seconds.
- Riley Feeney was second in the 800m run with a time of 1:56.99, followed closely by teammate Brendan Nesbitt with a time of 1:57.01.
- Eric Nestroy was fourth in the 1,500m run, crossing the line in 4:01.67.
- Seth Oxer finished the 400m hurdles in a time of 56.09 seconds to place third.
- Black was third in the high jump, clearing 2.00m.
- Clarence Corbett hit the NCAA Provisional mark with a best throw of 16.78m in the shot put.
- Trevin Phillips placed second in the javelin with a best of 57.47m.
The Cardinals continue the outdoor season in two weeks with athletes spread out across five different locations April 9 and 10.