UNIVERSITY CENTER, Mich. – The Saginaw Valley State University Track and Field teams hosted the two-day Jet's Pizza Invitational Friday and Saturday at the SVSU Fieldhouse.
The Cardinals welcomed Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference foes Northern Michigan University, Northwood University and Wayne State University for the event.
Cheyenne Williamson got the event started in spectacular fashion for the Cardinals, taking first-place in the women's pentathlon on Friday, setting new school and SVSU Fieldhouse records, while hitting the automatic qualifying mark for the NCAA DII National Championships.
- Williamson scored a school record 3,906 points in the pentathlon, finishing first in four of the five events. She added a first-place finish in the women's high jump with a best of 1.67m, hitting the NCAA Provisional Mark.
- Ciera Weber took first in the pole vault, clearing a height of 3.52m.
- Ali Aldrich continued her strong start to the season with another first place showing in the weight throw, hitting the NCAA Provisional Mark once again with a best throw of 18.07m.
- Alona Olshevska took first place in the 400-meter dash with a time of 57.43 seconds.
- Mackenzie Ramey was first in the shot put with a best throw of 14.18m, hitting the NCAA Provisional Mark.
- Thomas Hufton was first in the 5,000-meter run in 15:13.54.
- Nathan Furst beat out teammate Graham Jones for first in the 60-meter hurdles in 8.69 seconds.
- Ryan Talbott pulled away from the field on the last lap of the 3,000-meter run, crossing the line in 8:24.78.
- Cavan Wilcox was first in the men's pole vault with a best of 4.42m.
The Cardinals remain home to host a tri-meet against Wayne State and Northern Michigan Friday at the SVSU Fieldhouse.