MT. PLEASANT -- The Cardinal Track & Field teams competed at the 2020 Jack Skoop Open on Friday (Jan. 31) afternoon, which was hosted by Central Michigan University. SVSU posted some solid finishes in the event.
- Timyah Meeks had an NCAA Provisional mark in the weight throw, finishing in 5th place with her distance of 56' 8.75".
- Lauren Huebner claimed the top spot in the 800 meter finals with a time of 2:18.92.
- Cheyenne Williamson was 2nd in the long jump, posting a distance of 18' 3".
- In the triple jump, Destiny Vandenberg was 3rd with her distance of 32' 9.5".
- Kelsey Landra took 3rd in the 600 meter with her mark of 1:45.34.
- Ciera Weber finished 4th in the pole vault with a height of 10' 11.75".
- Sarah Rezler had a 5th place showing in the high jump with a mark of 4' 11".
- Carter Eckhardt finished 2nd in the 600 meter finals, turning in a time of 1:28.84.
- Nathan Furst was 7th in the 60 meter dash finals, crossing the line at 8.88 seconds.
- In the high jump, Ethan Engelhardt was 2nd after crossing the bar at a height of 6' 2.75".
- Casey Williams jumped to a 2nd place showing in the long jump, finishing with a distance of 22' 4.5".
- In the shot put, Brennan Waslusky finished 5th with his distance of 48' 4.5".
* - At the University of Michigan Power Five Invitational, Sam Black is competing in the heptathlon. He currently sits in the lead after Friday competition, racking up 3,074 points through four events. His final three events on Saturday will be the 60 hurdles, pole vault and 1,000 meter run.
Next up for the Cardinals is a two-day event Feb. 14-15, which is the GVSU Big Meet in Allendale, Michigan.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---