UNIVERSITY CENTER, Mich. -- The Saginaw Valley State University men's and women's track teams hosted day one of the Jet's Pizza and had four women qualify for the final section of the women's hurdles with Cheyenne Williamson leading with way coming in with a NCAA DII provisional qualifying time of 8.74, good for the fastest seed for the final.
- Cheyenne Williamson came in with the fastest time for the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.74, good for a first place finish and places her 11th in the nation.
- Teammates Cassie Campbell, Destiny Vandenberg, and Lexi Mort who also qualified for the finals coming in with final times of 9.19, 9.31, and 9.65, respectively.
- Alona Olshevska placed third in the 60-meter prelims crossing the line with a final time of 7.75 and will race tomorrow in the finals. She would also place first in the 200-meter with a final time of 25.04.
- Megan Noble would place just behind Olshevska in the 200-meter coming in third with a time of 26.08.
- Lauren Huebner took first in the long jump with a leap of 5.53-meters.
- Ali Aldrich furthered the school record set earlier this season with a mark of 17.89-meters moving her up to 14th in the nation. Teammate Timyah Meeks finished just behind Aldrich with a toss of 17.49-meters.
- Casey Williams placed second in the long jump in his season opener with a leap of 7.07-meters. Sam Black finished just behind Williams in fourth place with a jump of 7.70-meters.
- Juan Bowers finished fifth in the 200-meter crossing the line at 22.27.
- Teammate Nate McCrary finished third in the 60-meter prelims crossing the line at 7.01.
- Branden Bohling earned a fourth place finish in the 5,000-meter timing in at 15:22.78.
The Cardinals will host day two of the Jet's Pizza Invitational Saturday (Jan. 25) as field events open competition set to start at 11:00 a.m. and the men's heptathlon follows with the 60-meter hurdles set to start at 11:35 a.m. The rest of the meet will begin at 1:00 p.m. with running events. To follow live and find results visit svsucardinals.com