UNIVERSITY CENTER, Mich. -- The Saginaw Valley State University men's and women's track teams hosted the SVSU Classic and had another record breaking performance come from freshman Timyah Meeks in the weight throw setting a new school record and earning a NCAA DII National Provisional Qualifying mark of 17.83-meters.
- Timyah Meeks earned a first place finish in the weight throw with a NCAA DII National Provisional Qualifying mark and new school record of 17.83-meters in her collegiate debut.
- Teammate Ali Aldrich earned a second place finish in the weight throw with a NCAA DII National Provisional Qualifying mark of 17.45-meters. She also placed first in the shot put with a toss of 13.32-meters.
- Cheyenne Williamson earned a first place finish in the 60-hurdles competition with a time of 8.83 just .03 from a national qualifying mark. She also placed first in the long jump with a leap of 5.66-meters only .01 meters off of a national qualifying mark.
- Destiny Vandenburg placed second in the triple jump competition with a mark of 10.45-meters.
- Jared McLean placed third in the 400-meter with a final time of 50.35.
- Freshman Graham Jones also placed third in the 60-hurdles competition timing in at 8.87.
- Ethan Englehardt placed first in the high jump with a leap of 1.91-meters.
- Senior Sam Black placed second in the long jump with a mark of 6.57-meters and third in the shot put with a heave of 13.73-meters.
- Teammate Brandon Keys placed first in the triple jump with a distance of 12.07-meters.
The Cardinals will host the Doug Hansen Open Friday (Jan. 17) with field events set to start at 2:30 p.m. and running events to follow at 4:00 p.m. To follow live and find results visit svsucardinals.com