UNIVERSITY CENTER -- The Saginaw Valley State University men's and women's track and field teams opened up the 2019-20 season hosting the SVSU Holiday Classic and sending a small group of athletes to GVSU. The Cardinals set two new school records and had seven NCAA DII National Provisional Qualifying Marks.
GVSU Holiday Open
- Jenna Keiser finished 8th in the 3k crossing the line in a NCAA DII National Provisional Qualifying Time of 9:54.32.
- Teammate Katelyn Spooner earned a 37th place finish in the 5k coming in at 18:14.49.
- In the open 800 meter, Jordan Walters placed 2nd overall crossing the line with a NCAA DII National Provisional Qualifying Time of 1:51.32.
- Ryan Talbott and CarLee Stimpfel also earned NCAA DII National Provisional Qualifying Times of 14:35.25 and 14:35.60, respectively, in the 5k.
SVSU Holiday Classic
- Earning a first place finish in the weight throw setting a new school record and earning a NCAA DII National Provisional Qualifying Mark of 17.28-meters was Ali Aldrich. She also placed second in the shot put competition with another NCAA DII National Provisional Qualifying Mark of 13.71-meters.
- Alona Olshevska placed second in the 60-meter dash with a new school record of 7.68.
- Lauren Huebner earned a first place finish and a NCAA DII National Provisional Qualifying Mark of 3,690 in the pentathlon.
- Teammate Cheyenne Williamson placed second just behind Huebner with a NCAA DII National Provisional Qualifying Mark of 3,630 in the pentathlon.
- Placing first in the 5k run was Sam Deardorff who came in at 15:23.81 for the Cardinals.
- Dan Westarb placed sixth in the heptathlon competition with a point total of 4643.
- Coming in fourth in the pole vault with a jump of 3.90-meters was Cavan Wilcox.
- Also earning a fourth place finish in the long jump was Brandon Keys who leaped a distance of 6.66-meters.
The Cardinals round-out competition on Saturday (Dec. 7) as they host the SVSU Holiday Classic. To find results visit svsucardinals.com