AZUSA, Calif. -- The SVSU Track & Field teams finished their weekend competition on Friday, as they were in California to compete in the Bryan Clay Inviational and the Cal State LA Twilight Open. The Cardinals had some great performances throughout the events.
Bryan Clay Invitational - Day 1
Lauren Huebner competed on day one of the heptathlon and she sits in 3rd place in her group with a score of 3,129. She registered 936 points in the 200 meter run with a time of 24.47 seconds and another 913 in the 100 hurdles with her mark of 14.47 seconds. She added 678 in the high jump with a height of 1.55 meters and had a distance of 11.26 meters in the shot put for another 612 points.
Bryan Clay Invitational - Day 2
Huebner capped-off her performance in the heptathlon with 893 points in the 800 meter run with a time of 2:15.59, 735 in the long jump with a distance of 17'5 1/4" and 536 points in the javelin throw with her mark of 108' 9". She registered 5,213 total points, securing her a spot in the NCAA Division II National Championships with the automatic qualifying performance. The threshold for auto qualifying in that event is 5,195 points. The total of 5,213 is also a new program record for the Cardinals in the event.
Cal Stat LA Twilight Open
- Emily Droski finished 4th in the javelin throw with a distance of 110' 0" and in the discus, registering a distance of 123' 9" in that event. She posted a mark of 132' 7" in the hammer as well. The javelin and hammer throws were new bests for Droski.
- Alicia Aldrich finished 5th in the shot put and hammer, posting distances of 43' 4.5" and 139'3", respectively.
- Ciera Weber cleared the bar at a height of 10' 11.75" in the pole vault, setting a new high for her in the event.
- The 4 x 100 meter relay team of Maegan Noble, Andriana Higgins, Alona Olshevska and Jordan Harvey finished 5th in the race with a time of 47.82 seconds.
- Donna Jean Eschenbacher was 8th in the long jump, posting a distance of 17' 1.25".
- Jaden Liedel was 8th in the high jump with a height of 1.49 meters.
- Jordan Harvey competed in the 200 meter run, finishing with a time of 26.82 seconds.
- In the 400 meter hurdles, Cordell Richardson turned in a 1st place finish with his time of 56.62 seconds.
- Casey Williams, Travon Phillips, Juan Bowers and Carter Eckhardt teamed-up for a 2nd place showing in the 4 x 100 meter relay with their time of 41.75 seconds, about a half second shy of the school record.
- Ryan Kelly posted a pair of provisional marks in the discus and shot put. He posted a mark of 163' 8" for a 2nd place finish in the discus and a distance of 55' 0.75" in the shot put.
- Noah Dooley had a new personal best showing in the 400 meter run with a 3rd place finish and time of 49.97 seconds. He added a time of 15.69 seconds in the 110 meter hurdles and was 12th in the long jump with a distance of 20' 10.75".
- Jacob Netschke was right behind Dooley in the 110 hurdles, finishing 10th with a time of 18.54 seconds.
- Eckhardt finished 4th while teammate Keith Rodriguez was 5th in the 200 meter run, posting times of 22.30 and 22.40 seconds, respectively. Rodriguez's time was an new best mark for him.
- In the 100 meter, Vincent Fochesato was 13th with his time of 11.98 seconds for SVSU.
Bryan Clay Invitational - Day 3
- In the 400 meter relay, the team of Noble, Higgins, Olshevska and Huebner ran to a solid time of 47.09 seconds and finished 11th.
- Higgins registered a time of 14.36 seconds in her first time competing in the 100 hurdles. She added a new personal best time in the 200 meter dash, registering a time of 24.65 seconds in the race. Olshevska ran in the same event and had a new best mark as well with a 25.43 second time.
- Alicia Aldrich finished 10th in the shot put with a distance of 13.40 meters.
- Kelly posted a new career best distance in the discus throw, turning in a mark of 50.57 meters while placing 4th in the event. That is a provisional qualifying mark. He added a 6th place showing in the shot put with a distance of 16.96 meters.
- Williams, Phillips, Bowers and Eckhardt competed in the 400 meter relay again, this time finishing with a time of 41.97 seconds and a 12th place finish.
- Eckhardt ran in the 400 as well, posting a time of 49.37 seconds for the Cardinals. Rodriguez ran in the event as well, turning in a time of 50.26 seconds.
- Phillips finished with a time of 10.91 seconds in his 100 meter dash race while Dooley crossed the line with a mark of 11.15 in his first time competing in that race.
- Williams competed in the long jump, finishing with a distance of 7.01 meters.
- Netschke improved upon his javelin throw mark, posting a distance of 45.49 meters in that event.
Saginaw Valley will hit the road this upcoming weekend, traveling to Hillsdale College for the Gina Relays and Calvin College for the Calvin Tune-up Meet.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---