ALLENDALE -- The Cardinal Indoor Track & Field teams finished weekend competition on Saturday at the second GVSU Big Meet, hosted at Grand Valley State University. There were many solid times and performances for Saginaw Valley, as they competed against top competition in the meet.
- The Cardinals registered a provisional qualifying time in the distance medley relay. Allison Dorr, Lauren Huebner, Morgan Fuerst and Jenna Keiser finished the race with a time of 11:57.11.
- Lauren Huebner was the second place finisher in the 60 meter hurdles. She had a time of 9.00 seconds in the race.
- Andriana Higgins registered a 7th place showing in the 60 meter dash finals, posting a mark of 7.88 seconds. She advanced to the finals with a time of 7.81 in the prelims.
- Higgins had another solid finish in the 200 meter run, finishing with a time of 25.31 seconds.
- Alona Olshevska was 12th in the 400 meter run, crossing the line with a mark of 58.75 seconds.
- Dominique Adams finished 11th in the 3,000 meter run with her time of 10:27.13 while Sydney Kreger had a 5:13.05 showing in the mile.
- Alicia Aldrich finished 10th in the shot put with her distance of 12.80 meters.
- Ryan Kelly had a third place finish and provisional qualifying distance of 16.74 meters in the shot put.
- Juan Bowers worked his way to a 3rd place finish in the 200 meter run, crossing the line in a time of 22.24 seconds.
- Carter Eckhardt finished 7th in the 400 meter run with his mark of 50.13 seconds.
- Ryan Talbott had a nice 3rd place finish in the 3,000 meter run. He turned in a time of 8:28.15 in the race.
- Jacob Netschke finished 5th in the high jump with a heighth of 1.91 meters.
- Noah Dooley finished just outside the top-eight in the 60 meter dash, posting a time of 7.27 seconds in 9th place.
The Cardinals will host the SVSU Tune-up Meet this upcoming Friday (Feb. 15) at the SVSU Fieldhouse. The first event is set for 2:30 p.m. Full details are available here.
@SVtfxc | #svsutrack | @svsuathletics | #BeaksUp
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---